9.11.2009

1-VHF-2-VHF-3 HF INT CABIN PA

How nice of the old Watergate Spooks to keep me ever up to date on the interior modifications possible on my Boeing Yellow Taxis--excuse me, a 737-800. Yap on amateur radio mid-flight? Why, I would never do such a thing that might compromise your safety or my snoozing. The photo I've clipped does allow me to dream of hitting that "PA" button and then making rubes in the rear sorry they were ever born. I don't make things up except when I write screenplays, and even then I've come to realize my imagination crossed swords with the chieftains of windowless buildings in the aerospace industry each and every time with no prior DNA/RNA knowledge.

Shazam! Well, at least Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village shows no signs of economic slowdown, as billions of "black" bucks have been poured-in by the curious worldwide in search of one goal, and that is to know what William Charles Hughes is doing every goddamn second of the day. It's 1950 all over again, and for all I know, Howard's old cronies come in to the senior center and peer over the Thousand Oaks Acorn at me. Returning to the flight deck, it's no surprise to see a metal guard over the flight recorder, but what was LOL worthy is the layout of the oxygen monitor. For "CREW OXYGEN" there is a colorful meter that reads increments of one up to twenty. For "PASS OXYGEN," and I assume "pass" means "passenger," the indicator merely says "ON" and "NORMAL," leading me to wonder why it does not say "ALIVE"/"DEAD."

Yes, they are very particular about the composition of the oxygen on the flight deck, but back with the cattle, it's either "Normal" or not, and in the latter event, I'd bet the near-bankrupt airline does not care. Smokey? Stinky? Gag-reflex cologne in the next aisle? Too bad, and don't dare complain, or the liberal totalitarian state's "Sky Marshal" will ring you up as the next Shoe Bomber.

Hmmm.

Job gone? Don't complain.

Gasoline up? Don't complain.

Savings gone? Don't complain.

Common stock uncommonly low? Don't complain.

UAW funeral scheduled? Don't complain.

Credit ruined? Don't complain.

House gone? Don't complain.

Camper unlicensed? Don't move it.

Campground closed? Sleep in the bushes.

Bush's indicted? Sleep soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment