1.15.2010

What a Difference a Light Year Makes



It has been a long time since the lady in Wolf-town, New Hampshire self-identified as the local newspaper editor and said, "So, you're still out here walking around." My reply? "Yes, and I intend to continue walking around." Midway home to Concord, always pronounced "conquered" (right Palin?), the sickly sweet aroma of recently-purchased Lilac scented matchbooks made William the Great sleepy. "Nah, don't think that," is always what I think, but after rolling the widow all the way down, it was yet another case of, "Darn, my matchboxes are poisoned." Is that why PENSKE TRUCK LEASING stole my stuff?


Oh, the margins are wide and documents are double-spaced in court, right Reading, PA? Right! Back to New Hampshire, where I may get arrogant and ask for a voice vote in 2012, I was in search of the independent grocer, given SHAWS told me they had over sixty "William Hughes'" in the computer, and CVS had also stolen my identity via the retail discount card. I do not recommend these store cards if you are concerned about identity theft, but they do save you money.


The "penalty" in CIA spooky ether for such nonsense? An old spook simply parades the young spooky who pulled-off a stunt in front of Mr. Hughes. That's all...no law, no justice, only more and more 1947-style "Homeland" criminals run amok. Anyway, on that snowy night in NH, our Wolf-town grocer, just like the Americana you'd expect out of Northern New Hampshire, invited me into the store after closing time, but then stopped in his tracks and said, "Wait a minute...I don't know how to turn the computer on." "No electronic cash register, no sale," said Mr. Hughes, who continued on to meet the media, such as it was circa 2008, in the convenience store, off-the-record.


Hey! Now it is 2010, and the horsies are already out of the gate, because Jimmy Carter 2.0, with an even more muddled foreign policy, thanks in part to "Thunder Thighs Clinton," several dumbass wars of occupation,. and did you say "MANDATORY" IRA's and MANDATORY health insurance purchase? Would someone please direct me to the nearest "Tea Party?"


Or, maybe I will sponsor one myself, because the real "Star Wars" began on.....and isn't this Alanis Morissette "appropriate?" Hmmm...the H-man's diary does not reveal the date he escaped from a killer-packed NAI CAPITAL strip mall, got to the bus stop (concrete bench, no shelter) under cover of darkness at the published bus arrival time, but America, "This is T.O.--This is your brain on T.O." So, what did your not Luke Skywalker non-hero do?


Out came the three-bulb halogen flashlight, I began to flicker it, and proclaimed, "That ass---- is not passing me up because it's pitch dark!" ZZZAP! Three dead AAA batteries and no light. Put up your dukes! Out came my old-school single-beam incandescent Maglight, which was very dim. Yes, Deputy Dog, I did holler, "I'll stand in front of the god---- bus! That big ass is not passing me up!" Next twist of the Maglight? A very bright beam to wave at the bus driver, causing a pause, and a very serious thought, if I may think, and dream of having indoor plumbing again. With a few trillion down, it ought to be E-Z. Right?


Wrong! Only in the USA can "they" get away with this crap. China? I'm falsely accused of something and in jail. Russia? A serious gangster's bullets have taken me out of the "game" a long time ago. What a country! Yes, "Star Wars" is on, and it is not what you thought it would be when that term was tossed out in the pre-blogosphere media. Back then, I lived on Pleasant Grove Road, but it was anything but pleasant. [NEWS FLASH: A Food Stamp/grocery receipt audit has determined Star Wars began in earnest on 01/06/2010, with a $2.29 purchase of Reynolds Aluminum foil + 19 cents for "The Arnold" = $2.48 cash money for quality foil "Since 1947," of all years] Cleaning 1983 environmental toxins part-time out of the Johnson Museum? Not funny at all.


No, not funny, but by all means, keep recycling your dead batteries, and here's a "tip," but do not phone-in a terror tip to the Federal Information Center, because I discovered they are all tied-up with Haiti-related business. I won't get into that today, except to report the newspaper got it wrong, number kooks, because I looked at my watch during my very first California earthquake, and it was at 6:08 p.m. as I awaited my "White Trash Food" free dinner at the Methodist Church.


"Hand out, not a hand up?" (or vice versa). Ever heard that one, religious fanatic butthead? The tip is, again ironically, AC DELCO BATTERIES seem to last the longest, while by popular senior center computer room acclamation, SUNBEAM BATTERIES are agreed to be dead on arrival. Maybe I have "connections" I am not aware of, because it was just a year ago they looked at me like I was nuts at the HOME DEPOT for asking if they had a Maglight replacement bulb, and nary a Maglight product could be found on the "Made in China" shelves. Today, I noticed the flashlight says, right on the barrel, "MAGLIGHT INSTRUMENT-CALIFORNIA, USA. Is California still part of the USA? What a difference a year makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment