8.27.2010

The Dispossessed


Going Mad Max, are we? May I have that big machine gun "they" showed me in San Mateo, mounted on an old, white, Toyota Corolla? Hey Hollywood, I hope I'm kidding, but you are all so damn sex & drug-crazed, I'm not sure.What's the daily insurrection about today? Aw, who cares?

This nation's troubles are generational, as we can see from the following real-life transcript from deep inside the corrupt senior center.

FIVE...FOUR...THREE...TWO...ONE.....What is a Raytheon?

OLD MAN = OM
OLD LADY = OL

OM: "What's for lunch today?"
OL: "Chicken."
OM: "That's what she always says."
OL: "What would we do without chicken?"
OM: "Eat turkey, I guess."

[flash forward, cue Hail to the Chief]

PRESIDENT HUGHES: "Social Security Retirement? What are you talking about? We're flat broke."

Meanwhile, out in the cold, among the underclass:

WILLIAM = W
GEORGE = G

W: "I see you around a lot. What's your name?"
G: "George."
W: "You were in the LUTHERAN SS program. You must be homeless."
G: "Why do you think I sit around the library all day?"

And, don't forget the youthful California "psycho-under-caste," not even eighteen years-old, but already forgotten by "The System."

HUGHES = H
CALIFORNIA YOUTHS = CY

H: "What should I do about that guy? He follows me everywhere."
CY: "Does it look like he wants to whup ass?"
H: "No, I think he's too crazy."
CY: "Just ignore him."

[cue Hail to the Chief with compact disc skipping sounds]

No comments:

Post a Comment